Pages

Visit to Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer

         My Daddy got an invitation for judging a national level Multimedia competition at Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer. The competition was part of their Silver Jubilee Commemorative Young Thinker’s conclave. Since it was on one of my holidays, he wanted me to accompany him. I was extremely excited and thrilled to go there as it was my first time to visit a boarding school
                                                   
         Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer is one of the top boarding schools of the country. It provides education to girls from grade 4th to 12th, so I was hoping to meet some of my batchies. We had started early in the morning from Jaipur. As we were going to be in the cab for long time Mumma had packed some fruits and sandwiches for me to eat at the time of hunger. I was quite curious as daddy was telling me great things about the place on the way to Ajmer.


           As we reached the destination, I saw a great building with a gigantic entrance. We went inside towards the IT lab, where Madam Amanpreet was waiting for us. She welcomed us warmly.  She was the one who had invited daddy. She was delighted to see me too with daddy. Aman Preet Madam called Ridhima to show me around the campus while daddy went for the function. 


The dorms

            Ridhima didi took me to the dorms of 4th and 5th graders. At the entrance of the building I saw a phone in the right and a pathway towards the assembling hall where all the children would assemble at night before sleeping. It was also called a recreation center. There was a cupboard full of games. And there was a TV also where students came at snack time to watch the programs. 
            When I went inside the dorm I saw many beds and a shelf beside some of the beds. Each girl had a bed and a wardrobe. Some of them shared the shelves. But this was not fair according to me as every child should own a shelf. In the shelves girls kept their belongings.


New friends 

             I met few girls from 4th grade, Devishi, Garima and Gargie. Devishi, was friendly. She told me about her favorite things. She shared her funny moments in the hostel. Garima showed me her shelves and living space. She treated me like a new born baby. Gargie was very kind-hearted. She offered me to take anything from her expensive stationery and other belongings. They were quite attractive, but I did not pick any. 
           I met another girl who had very strong and powerful body built. She told me she knew karate moves. I did believe in her but wanted to see if she could prove it. So, I asked her to do so. She hit on her wardrobe with a hard leg stroke and it opened with a thud. All the girls I met there treated me like a princess in gigantic palace. I enjoyed with them and played for two hours and then went for lunch.

The Lunch time

             Ridhima didi took me to the mess. There were no sofa or chairs, but benches to sit and eat. There was a small but complete vegetarian menu. It included daal, rice, alu, parantha. I chose alu ki sabji with parantha, for my meal. It was delectable. And I think everyone in the world should have eaten that. Nobody was serving food over there. I took my meal and started scoffing it. As I was eating, I saw Ridhima’s friends who were talking about their problems in various subjects. 

Swimming pool and Science Park

            After finishing my food, I went back to play with my friends. However, they had to go for their swimming and games class by that time. So, I accompanied them to the swimming pool. Pool was filled with clear transparent water. The children were swimming very actively, water was splashing and inviting me to get in.
            I also went to the Science Park. There were many interesting scientific games. A model of a car was also displayed there. I sat in it and could turn the steering wheel to see movements of different parts.  At the snack time, all of them came back from their respective classes. All of us had patties for snack, which was delicious from the snack point. While eating I watched TV and played many games like Othelo.

Dinner and Odomos time

           I went for dinner with my batchies. This time they had non-vegetarian food also on the menu. However, since my friends were vegetarian, I sat with them. Finally, it was time for all the students to assemble in the hall. Ma’am Deepa took the attendance and all of us got chocolate as it was Ganesh Chaturthi. Then we all went to the milk point and had milk along with Bournvita. After some time, a maid came and put odomos on our legs and arms. It was a wonderful facility provided by the school authorities, and I saw the staff was very caring for all the girls over there.


Bye and Coming back

           In the last, daddy came to take me home. Madam Aman Preet gave us a cup and a folder as souvenirs for our visit. While coming in the cab I was thinking whether I should join the hostel from next year. I talked to daddy about it while driving back home.I enjoyed my time there . The best thing I found living in boarding school was that I could have company of my fellow friends even after the school. I can contact my teachers for any problems in studies, even after school. Living there will make me more independent for doing anything. Boarding school teaches us high discipline. I was very fascinated and attracted towards the facilities and care provided at Mayo College Girls School


Discussion with Daddy

           We discussed, and I learnt -despite the hostel is attractive in all ways, it has certain disadvantages. If one goes to hostel he/she misses his/her family endlessly. There is nobody to tell what is right and wrong. I reached home and hugged Mumma and my brother Mudit. I realized how much I would miss them if I live in hostel. And it would be tough being without seeing my brother for so many days. I would not have unlimited fun there, especially the family-fun. My dad gets me cakes or chocolates or whatever I wish and whenever I desire, even at late nights. My mumma would clean up and organize all my stuff whenever I am not able to. That would not happen in the hostel. My grandparents would not be around for me to see whenever I wish to.

        I am still in dilemma, which option is better. What do you think?    

If you enjoyed my blog, please like, comment and subscribe. Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. Well written, Finster! I like how you remember each part of the visit. I felt like I was visiting the school with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!
    Enjoyed , it's very interesting read.
    You not only describe events there meticulously, but also analyse the pros & cons of a boarding life on n a very subtle, innocent and natural way.
    Amazing, keep it up, that is scribing !
    Lovingly,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finonaa, that's lovely travelogue! The best part - "I took my meal and started scuffing it in my mouth. " You have beautifully described the entire experience. I feel as if I was walking with you down the campus and seeing things through my own eyes. I have stayed in hostel only after I turned 18. I still remember my first 7 days of struggle to adjust. But today if I look back, I would love to spend as much more time as possible in the hostel. Enjoy your time wherever you are!Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetheart! As hard as that would be to go there, I’m sure it will be 1,000 times harder on your Mumma who no doubt loves you to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You choose the option and we will make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your thoughts are very descriptive, concise and clear! Loved reading about this experience. You will do great no matter what you choose!

    ReplyDelete